FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCHSalina, Kansas
3 manuals, 28 ranks
year complete, 1995
The pipe organ installed in First Presbyterian Church was built by M. P. Möller of Hagerstown, Maryland, in 1952 as Opus 8,318. The three manual and pedal instrument has 28 ranks and was rebuilt by Quimby Pipe Organs, Inc. It features a new seven rank Great Principal chorus and new Choir Gedeckt 8′, Nachthorn 4′-2′ unit, Nazard 2 2/3′, Tierce 1 3/5′ and revoiced Oboe 8′.
All remaining pipes retained from the original Möller installation were adjusted for correct speech and voicing for the revised tonal specification. New electro-pneumatic windchests were provided for all pipes in the main organ not located on offset or pedal chests.
The original console has been rebuilt with new all-electric drawknobs by Harris Precision Products, new Peterson Electro-Musical Products 32-multi-level capture combination action and multiplex switching system for control of all key and stop functions. All retained windchests and reservoirs from the original installation were completely restored.
The instrument has been prepared for the addition of a Trompette en Chamade to be located on the balcony wall.