SAINT WENCESLAUS CATHOLIC CHURCHIowa City, Iowa
2 manuals, 19 ranks
year complete, 1991
Rebuilt and relocated a 1902 Felgemaker pipe organ (tracker action) acquired through the Organ Clearing House.
A. B. Felgemaker 2-19, Opus 789 was installed in St. Wenceslaus Church, Iowa City, Iowa in May 1991 by Quimby Pipe Organs, Inc. The instrument was obtained through the Organ Clearing House and removed from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania by Quimby Pipe Organs, Inc., Warrensburg, Missouri and Patrick J. Murphy and Associates, Stowe, Pennsylvania. Required restoration was divided between the two firms with erection before final installation occurring in Warrensburg, Missouri. The instrument was installed without any tonal changes or action modifications except the change of the tubular pneumatic pedal. The formal dedication and recital by Dr. Delores Bruch was held on October 20, 1991.