MESSIAH LUTHERAN CHURCHIndependence, Missouri
2 manuals, 17 ranks
year complete, 1994
The project represents a complete renovation and rebuilding of the M.P. Möller pipe organ first acquired in 1953 and augmented in 1958. While maintaining the overall classical character of the instrument and its suitability for Lutheran hymnody and worship, the project provides significant broadening of tonal characteristics allowing the organ to accommodate a wider range of musical literature. In addition, new electronic controls and memories allow vastly greater flexibility in registration and performance.