LUTHERAN CHURCH OF OUR SAVIORKansas City, Missouri
2 manuals, 19 ranks
year complete, 200o
The pipe organ in the Lutheran Church of Our Saviour, rebuilt by Quimby Pipe Organs, Inc., Warrensburg, Missouri, is a two manual electro-pneumatic instrument with 19 ranks. The rebuilt instrument has a total of 1,190 pipes of which 351 are exposed. The instrument’s tonal design was accomplished by Stephan Casurella and Michael Quimby.
The Austin Organs, Inc. console, electro-pneumatic universal windchests, and six ranks of pipes were retained from the original 1959 installation. The Austin electro-pneumatic actions were replaced and the console provided with a Peterson Electro-Musical Products solid state combination action with thirty-two levels of memory. Thew new 8′ Cromorne, 1 3/5′ Tierce, and 16′ Trumpet are installed on new electro-pneumatic pouch windchests. The 32′ pedal stop is digital.
The exposed pipes are new, except the pipes with a copper finish, and contain pipes of the great Diapason chorus played by the lower keyboard. The largest 12 pipes, with the copper finish, are constructed of zinc with spotted metal mouths and the remaining pipes are constructed of 50% tin and 50% lead. The swell division is controlled by the second keyboard and is located behind the large exposed pipes. The sound of this division can be changed by shutters which open and close similar to a Venetian blind.
The new reed ranks were built and voiced by Quimby Pipe Organs, Inc. Thew new flue ranks were scaled and voiced by Quimby Pipe Organs, Inc. Ranks that were retained from the Austin Organ, Opus 2315, were revoiced to blend with the revised tonal specification.