In 1901, the German Methodist Church members of Jamestown, Missouri, with the help of numerous interested friends in the community, took a big step in purchasing a pipe organ from the Hinners-Albertsen Organ Company of Pekin, Illinois, at a cost of around $650.00 This was during the ministry of the Reverend F. J. Sternberg. The Moniteau County Herald of July 5, 1901, reports the news of the original dedication service held on June 30, 1901. On this occasion, Professor J. L. Hinners, the builder himself, "manipulated the organ, filling the room with its delightful music, while the choir rendered some very pleasing and beautiful selections." The Reverend Addicks of St. Louis performed the ceremony of dedication.
From its installation until 1938 or 1939, young people of the congregation furnished the "power" for the organ by pumping. Then, while Reverend Cox was pastor, a motor was installed for about $100.00. Through the years, the organ has been well cared for by the members of the church. However, problems developed which made playing the organ very difficult for effective worship services.
In 1978, Mr. Michael Quimby of Warrensburg, Missouri, a pipe organ craftsman, renovated the historic organ so that it is again in excellent condition.
|Open Diapason Treble||8'|
|Open Diapason Bass||8'||61|
|Bourdon Bass TC||16'|
|Lieblich Gedeckt Treble||8'||61|
|Lieblich Gedeckt Bass||8'|
|Gamba Bass TC||8'|
|Manual to Pedal|
|Manual Octave Coupler|